POSITION: Service Advisor
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
HOURS: 45-60 Hrs/Wk 6:45 am – 6:00 pm
Schedule may vary – some evenings until 7 pm
MTWTh – Rotational Saturday schedule
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for ensuring the satisfaction of service customers by accurately identifying and recording service needs, communicating those needs to technicians, and maintaining contact with customers.
- Greet customer in a professional and timely manner (clean and neat appearance, eye contact, introduction, handshake, verify problem).
- Accurately obtain customer data including name, phone numbers, etc. (Ask how we can help, allow customer to fully explain, restate customer needs).
- Determine the customer’s prime concern about their vehicle by using key questions and listening skills (verify by pointing to the problem area of vehicle).
- Determine necessary maintenance and provide an accurate description of malfunction in common language.
- Open Repair Order (RO), by hand writing or inputting information and necessary details in computer (does not diagnose problem).
- Clearly identify the repair estimate on the repair order.
- Obtain customer’s signature on repair order; provide customer with the yellow copy.
- Politely, professionally, and quickly answer all customer questions and concerns.
- Follow-up on progress of each repair order during the day (10 am, 2 pm and 4 pm); contact customers for revised estimates, time changes, and/or other recommendations after inspection. Record changes and confirmation on RO.
- Maintain regular customer contact, keeping the customer well informed of the vehicle status.
- Handle incoming telephone inquiries regarding work in progress and appointments.
- Ensure the vehicle is ready when promised.
- Greet customer and provide with a thorough explanation of charges and work preferred.
- Thank customer and deliver vehicle according to procedure.
- Answer any concerns or problems in a manner that diffuses any real or potential hostility.
- Involve management when needed or appropriate.
- Follow up with customers within three days.
- Maintain Service Department objectives as related to sales, hours, RO etc.
- Keep service drive clear of trash obstructions, and vehicles.
- Required to attend regularly scheduled service meetings.
- Complete occasional road test on a completed vehicle if requested by management.
STANDARDS OF PEFORMANCE:
- Begin the write-up within four minutes of arrival.
- Accurately identify customer needs and accurately record them on the RO.
- Must be able to make people feel good about the service experience.
- Provide status of vehicle within one minute of inquiry.
- Provide every customer with a thorough explanation of work performed, coverage, and charges.
Donna Miller 719.667.2954
Adam Cavender 719.667.2916
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com