POSITION: New/Used /Internet Sales Consultant
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
HOURS: 50+ Hrs/Wk 8:00am – 8:00pm – May work until after close of store if needed.
MTWThFS – One day off during the week, hours vary.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the sale and lease of new and used vehicles with an emphasis on customer satisfaction. A minimum sales standard of 10 units monthly must be maintained while striving for continuous improvement.
- Work with management to effectively sell vehicles and increase customer satisfaction.
- Follow through on management’s recommendations regarding sales procedures.
- Present a positive, professional image of the sales consultant and dealership to the customer (i.e. appropriate dress, positive and friendly attitude, and non-threatening atmosphere).
- Develop and maintain an effective prospect and referral system through previous customers and lease renewal.
- Greet new customers on lot within two minutes of their arrival. Establish and build rapport with customers by making eye contact, smiling, using humor when appropriate, and using their names when addressing them.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the vehicle inventory and determine quickly which vehicles are currently in stock that will meet the customer’s needs.
- Escort customers to selected vehicles on the lot, or bring the appropriate vehicle to the awaiting customer.
- Maintain excellent working knowledge of all vehicles. Explain the vehicle’s features and benefits, emphasizing the features and benefits which meet the customer’s expressed needs.
- Offer every customer a demonstration drive.
- Accompany customers on a test drive to point out the vehicle’s features and benefits, direct them on the test drive route, and protect the vehicle from theft or vandalism.
- Focus on selling value, not price. Negotiate with the customer (if customer has not selected the value price) in a non-threatening, ethical manner, and determine the price of the vehicle and what the customer will pay.
- Structure a follow-up system for contacting customers at a later date to make sure they are satisfied with their vehicle. Ask the customer if there is anything they are not completely satisfied about with regard to their vehicle, or their dealership experience.
- Establish rapport with other employees in the dealership to build a strong team and working relationship.
- Understand the terminology of the automotive business and keep informed of technological changes in the product.
- Be knowledgeable about dealership financing and lease arrangements.
- Complete trade-in evaluation drives.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; enjoy working with people.
- Knowledge of basic automotive systems.
- Ability to learn and work well under pressure.
- Must possess good basic math skills.
Donna Miller 719.667.2954
Adam Cavender 719.667.2916
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com